Tuesday 16 August 2011

New Ideas, New to Blogs


I was at a friend’s house the other day and we were ‘jamming’ together, my friend on keyboard and me on the guitar. This atmosphere, along with some easy to use music software (Logic Pro 9), can lead to some creative output. However, when you’re at home and the Xbox is screaming out to be used or the endless trail of cables leading to nowhere or even some technical fault with the computer can make it hard to motivate yourself for the recording process. So I conferred with my friend the idea of a ‘1 Hour Song Challenge: It works!’ Aside from the convincing slogan, this would make for some short sample like songs and ideas that don’t require five hours of re-recording because perfection isn’t important.

I’ll admit my software is limited (Adobe Audition which is not too bad) and the drum machine I’m using is genuinely awful (DT-010), but then it’s in place of a real drum set that I don’t have.


In the last week I have gone all experimental with various reverb and echo techniques which are essential for anything experimental. This song is called 'Glooming':


I have also gone a bit ridiculous with computerised voice samples that seem to be reciting a robot bank robbery. Inspired I know! This song is called 'Put the Money in the Bag':

Thanks for listening, more updates coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment