Monday 19 September 2011

Riff of the Day #1: Scene Panick

Hello again,

This week I have set myself a personal challenge, a challenge that no man has faced and come out of alive. Basically I am going to upload a riff or instrumental piece of music everyday for the next week. I thought it would be fun and, well, challenging. So now that the challenge has been set and the first ‘riff’ has been put onto Youtube I suppose I had better start writing a new one.

There isn’t really a lot to say about this piece. I was messing around with scales and trying to develop something to practice my fingering because my hands were all slow due to only playing chords.  So here we have it the product of practice strangely enough.

There were the usual technical problems with making this. I finished the bass part and therefore finished the whole song when suddenly the software crashed losing all I had recorded that didn’t have mistakes in it. I almost gave up on the idea of this extreme challenge altogether after that. Eventually however I redid it and went to upload it. That took me about five times.... Bad day!

Without further ado and such, here is the ‘riff’. I hope you like it and tomorrow there will be a new one with different noises in it:



See you tomorrow!

2 comments: