Tuesday 20 September 2011

Riff of the Day number 2! Dusk

‘Youtube crashes as the second riff of the week is uploaded.’ Well not quite... This new riff is called Dusk. There’s not a large amount to say about it. It was originally called midnight because I couldn’t sleep as it was in my head and had to write it down at, of course, midnight. I then called it dusk because I had a lovely photo of the pink sky to put with it.

This riff is quite indie in its style. It is a simple gradually layering piece that has atmospheric noises in the background and a climatic melody to finish it off. I used looping of lots of riffs together to make it repetitive and trance like. Also it is only using guitar, no bass or drums or crazy vocal effects. It maybe sounds a bit too much like Foals or The xx but it’s only a minute and a half of plagiarism if that is the case.

So this is Dusk:

No comments:

Post a Comment