Friday 9 September 2011

Welcoming new software!

Salut,

I have recently acquired a new piece of music software called Sonar X1. It far surpasses my previous software with sound quality and gadgets to use. This would partly explain why it has taken so long to upload a new song. I was intending to upload at least one song a week so maybe in the next couple of weeks before I go back to university I will practically puke out a multitude of songs regardless of what they sound like.

Horror struck a couple of days ago when my amp refused to work on its clean setting. Whether it has blown or what I’m not sure but the distortion setting still works so everything I do from now on will either be plugged straight into the sound card or be played with overdrive. Also when trying to record my bass it came out really quiet so I used a synth (thanks Sonar) instead of a real bass guitar. The irony is that it probably sounds better than my playing.

I might start incorporating more electronic sounds into my recordings thanks to the software I now have. Dabbling in a bit of drum and bass won’t hurt anyone.

Stating the obvious my voice has distortion on it! It got me excited anyway... Here is my new song; the name is in the title (a pointless sentence):


Thanks and will post more pretty soon I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment